Minimalist Travel (transferred)

  

Transferred from my 55 mph blog:

This is from my 2013 trip.  That year I camped in the Toyota, with a cot-width bed with storage under it and a chest of drawers (of sorts).  I took a tent too, but mostly camped in the van.  Amanda and I camped together for a couple of weeks (she with her two cats, one of whom was receiving treatment in Denver).  Later I drove out West with Rex the Hound Dog for the rest of the summer.  I was the only one in that tiny Colorado park (8 sites maybe).  I have taken the Toyota two summers and the Vanagon six summers

This year I'm back in the VW bus--Westy, Vanagon, whatever you want to call it.  More room and it feels less cramped and dark, but both of them are minimalist.  Living simply.   I'm getting fond of that.


This is the Vanagon  taken through the window from my friends' house in Washington in 2010.  Rex was lying inside on the bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment